Expresses this compound on the amount of energy needed for the body at rest Altama – to do biochemical each cell and cell processes, the work of breathing muscles, the work of the circulatory system, the muscle tension and other involuntary processes. Healthy body also includes operations that help maintain homeostasis, such as constant temperature.
Measuring the amount of energy needed for basic metabolic processes take place when a person is awake Screened in complete comfort, after about 12 hours of eating and in the environment temperature 25-28 ° C.
Maybe surprise discovery that the energy required for the exchange of basic materials constitute 60% – 75% of the total energy that are exploited by the body. It is interesting to know that there is almost no control over the pace at which the basic metabolic processes.
Related to the frequency of the fundamental metabolic processes by several factors such as:
• Body composition: muscle tissue consumes more energy than fat tissue, even in the case of full comfort. The more muscle mass was greater for fat mass, the pace of basic metabolism faster. The ratio of muscle mass and fat mass associated with several factors such as: Djil – whenever generation rose, be reduced to between muscle tissue and fat. Gans – when women, in general, the percentage of fat is relatively higher than the muscle tissue compared with men.
• Generation (the pace of growth) in the period of lactation, childhood and adolescence pace basal metabolic relatively fast. This fast-paced source of intense construction of body tissues and these processes consume energy.
• Temperature of the environment: the more the environment is low temperature more, the loss of heat from the body to be larger. At fixed temperature organisms, the result is to increase the frequency of the fundamental metabolic processes.
• Supply of food: in the case of a continuing shortage of food for a period of weeks or more, and the pace of basal metabolic decline.
• Genetics: basal metabolic pace from one person to another vary. People who have the basic metabolism is relatively slow. Taking advantage of less energy in the case of full comfort. As a result, it stays in their body food-surplus and be more vulnerable to obesity. And vice versa, persons with the pace of metabolism essential relatively fast, they use more energy in the case of full rest, and as a result stays in their body less food-surplus and be more vulnerable to the thinnest.
Activity few of the thyroid gland:
There are well-known phenomenon when adults of inducing extreme fatigue, weakness, lethargy, feeling cold and obesity. Although not change their lifestyle.
In many cases appear in blood tests that these people suffer from a lack of the hormone thyroxine due to inadequate activity of the thyroid gland (located at the front of the neck). Found that thyroxine is one of the factors that balance metabolism, and when the lack of it goes down the pace of metabolism, which explains the above symptoms.
The production of thyroxine needs iodine. Sometimes the poor iodine nutrition leads to similar symptoms even when young. Food sources of iodine: Sea Fish, pineapple, dryers, algae, vegetables and fruits that grow beside the sea, as well as salt rich in iodine.
In some cases (eg, hyperactivity of the thyroid gland) is a plus for the production of the hormone thyroxine. What do you expect from that complain Alchkasd those who suffer from this problem.
Algesmana- activity of this compound expresses the amount of untapped energy for physical activity.
On the contrary, the amount of energy utilized for the exchange of materials, the amount of untapped energy for physical activity are under our control and are affected by lifestyle, fitness and insist on physical activity.
Whenever physical activity is stronger and more, increasing energy output, as noted in Table 2-1. In addition, physical activity increases muscle mass and therefore is practically the only possibility to affect the pace of exchange of materials.
In people who have not increased their physical work, such as researchers, staff … or people who do not engage in physical activity constant, complex physical activity is only about 20% -30% of all the energy output.
People who work the work that needs to be physical effort or sports practice consistently, they have a composite of physical activity up to 50% of the total energy output.