Did you know that there are some carpets that are not actually intended for installing on the floor? These carpets on walls or simply “wall carpets” are meant to be decorative pieces. You have probably seen a number of samples of these carpets. Most wall carpets are of the exotic Persian variety. There are also some cute novelty carpets that resemble paintings.
One carpet would have kittens playing on a similarly patterned rug. Undeniably, one of the most popular designs of wall carpets depicts dogs gathered around a table playing Poker. Wall carpets are not just intended for decoration. Some homeowners have discovered that carpets on walls can help to improve insulation and quality of sound.
Carpets on walls obviously will not get stepped on unlike regular floor carpets. However, they need to be cleaned and maintained in the same way as carpet flooring.
Here is the procedure on maintaining and cleaning wall carpets…
- When mounting a wall carpet, never place it in a spot where it will be exposed to bright sunlight. This will prevent the colors from fading. Also, do not install it in places that are humid or damp so that the carpet will not be damaged by prolonged exposure to moisture.
- To prevent dust from accumulating on your wall carpet, dust it briskly with a feather duster every day. Do not pound on the carpet, however, so that the fibers do not get depressed.
- Using a hand vacuum cleaner, vacuum your wall carpet on a weekly basis. Take note that the fibers on a wall carpet may be thicker than a regular floor carpet. Divide the carpet into sections, making sure that you vacuum each section thoroughly before moving on to the next.
- Every month, it may be necessary to remove the carpet from the wall in order to give it a more thorough vacuuming with a floor vacuum cleaner. Make sure that you wipe the wall with a moist cloth so that dirt and dust will not stick to the bottom of your carpet. Dry the wall completely before installing the carpet back.
- If your carpet is mounted on a wooden wall, make sure to check the back of it periodically. There might be termites or carpet beetles that have accumulated behind it which may damage both your carpet and your wall. If there is insect infestation, call up a professional cleaner immediately. They have the right pesticides to use which will not damage your carpet.
- Bring your wall carpet to a professional cleaner yearly. The cleaner will not only deep clean and shampoo your carpet, they will spray retardants to give it a much longer life.
Learn more tips on how to clean and preserve your wall carpets today!
source: How to Clean Carpets on Walls