According to several studies that were recently conducted, soy and soy milk can have a detrimental effect on your health. However mainstream nutritional guidelines continue to advise the Americans to use these products.
Soy milk can seriously harm your health and therefore it is not a healthy choice at all. Here in this article we will give you 10 reasons why you should avoid drinking soy milk:
Firstly it is important for you to know the content of soy milk:
Natural Flavor, Soymilk (Filtered Water, Whole Soybeans), Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D2, Cane Sugar, Sea Salt, Carrageenan, Riboflavin (B2).
And here are the top ten reasons why you should avoid drinking soy milk:
- Soybeans are rich in haemagglutinin. This substance is dangerous for your health because it causes clots, which can latter lead to the clumping of red blood cells.
- Soy also has a substances called phytoestrogens. These substance can impede the endocrine function and may cause breast cancer and infertility in women.
- Soy foods are also rich in toxic aluminum. Toxic aluminum can be pretty dangerous for you, because it has a detrimental effect on the kidneys, the nervous system and has also been related to the incidence of Alzheimer’s.
- It is very important for you to know that soybeans are rich in natural toxins known as “anti-nutrients”. In other words, the consumption of only 2 glasses of soy milk a day may greatly change the menstrual cycle in women.
- During their production procedure, fragile soy proteins are exposed to high temperatures, aiming at producing textured vegetable protein and soy protein isolate, so that are a serious threat to your health.
- You should also know that recently was discovered that soy encourages the need of the body of vitamin D and vitamin B12.
- Soy are also rich in toxic isoflavones. Some of these isoflavones, such as, daidzein and genistein may trigger existent breast cancer growth. Therefore consuming soy in cases of breast cancer can be pretty dangerous. (Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2001 Sep; 35(9):118-21).
- Soy is one of the most pesticide-contaminated food in the world. You should know that 99% of the soy is GMO.
- Soy is also rich in a compound that is similar to vitamin B12. Therefore your body cannot process this compound. This means that soy products can lead to B12 deficiency.
- You should also know that soybeans and soy products have significantly high levels of phytic acid. This acid prevents the assimilation of copper, iron, zinc, calcium and magnesium.
A number of scientific, peer-reviewed surveys have shown that food-grade carrageenan can lead to lesions, ulcerations, gastrointestinal inflammation, and colon cancer in laboratory animals.
Furthermore, a recent research, funded by the American Diabetes Association,found a relation between the use of food-grade carrageenan and glucose intolerance and insulin resistance in mice.