Testicular cancer can be broadly defined as the type of the cancer which develops in the testicles, an important part of the male reproductive system. In all types of cancers, the testicular cancer has one of the highest rate of the cure. If it has not been spread to the other parts of the body, then the patient can hope for the 100% cure. But, for this he has to know about the symptoms and the signs of testicular cancer, so that the treatment can start as early as possible.
Symptoms and signs of testicular cancer
Of all types of the cancers, the testicular cancer has one of the highest rates of cures. But, this will happen only when the cancer is detected as early as possible when it doesn’t have any chance of the spreading in the other parts of the body. So, you should know about the symptoms and the signs of testicular cancer, like the symptoms and the signs of testicular cancer.
The first symptom and the signs of testicular cancer is the swelling or lump in the testes. So, the men who have the family history of the cancer should do the monthly testicular self examination, whether they are adults or symptomatic adolescent. The other symptoms for which they should keep watch are as follows –
- A dull ache or sharp pain in the lower scrotum or the abdomen.
- Any lump in the testicals where you suffer pain or not.
- If you feel anything like the heaviness in the scrotum, you should give a call to the doctor.
- If you experience the enlargement of the breast or gynecomastia as it is known, due to the hormonal effects of the β-hCG.
- If you suffer from the lumbago or low back pain due to the tumor, which has been spread to the lymph nodes situated along the back.
If you experience anyone or more of the above symptoms of the above signs of testicular cancer, you should pay a visit to the doctor.
Normally, the testicular cancer do not spread to the other organs except the lungs but if it has spread to the other organs, you may see the below signs of the testicular cancer –
- The patient suffers from the cough or cough out the blood which is known as the hemoptysis due the metastatic spread to the lungs and the shortness of the breath which is known as the dyspnea.
- The patient also suffers from a lump in the neck which is due to the metastases at the lymph nodes.
The testicular cancer originates in the testis, which is a part of the male reproductive system. But it is one of the most curable cancer across the world. So, the best course for the men who have family history of cancer to do the regular monthly self-examination and check for the signs of testicular cancer.