Yoga, a traditional practice and a science that evolved more than five thousand years ago, provides benefits both in terms of health and beauty when practiced regularly. At present not only Indians but also Americans are enjoying the entire benefits that yoga offers. Instead of using the medicines that are made artificially, presently Yoga, the modern medicine is being practiced to cure many of the health and beauty related problems. Yoga not only treats physiological problems but also helps in finding the solutions to the psychological problems too. Many of the scientists and researchers had found that, practicing yoga brings out many positive changes and results physically and mentally. The amazing and awesome benefits of yoga practice include the following.
Physiological health benefits of yoga
- Yoga includes many postures that help in increasing the flexibility of the different joints of the body.
- Yoga is the best activity that helps in massaging all the internal organs of the body which in turn helps in disease prevention and control.
- Both physical strength and stamina can be boosted up by practicing yoga on regular basis.
- High blood pressure can be lowered through better circulation of blood and oxygen in the body which helps to prevent many of the heart diseases, especially the heart strokes.
- Practicing yoga regularly improves the transportation process of nutrients, oxygen and blood throughout the body so that every organ of the body can be healthy and can perform their work effectively and efficiently.
- Yoga practice helps in effective functioning of circulatory and respiratory system without occurrence of any other problems.
- Yoga includes certain poses that helps to maintain strong immune system.
- Instead of becoming tired, yoga practice makes you feel energized and active.
- Perfect weight can be maintained and the problems of overweight such as obesity can be prevented and controlled by yoga practice.
- As practicing yoga helps to maintain a peaceful mind, we can have much better sleep without any stress and frustrations.
- Regular yoga practice helps to reduce the excess cholesterol present in the body by fighting against the cholesterol levels that are harmful to the body.
- Yoga is an excellent physical exercise and medicine to prevent type II diabetes by encouraging the production of insulin in the pancreas.
- Yoga is a natural way of increasing vitamin C in the body that helps to boost up the immune system.
- Osteoporosis can be prevented by regular practice of yoga as the yoga has the ability to keep up the constant calcium levels in the bones.
- Regular yoga is a perfect medication for reducing asthma problem.
- Yoga practice can help to increase the overall levels of the red blood cells in the body which are required for transportation of oxygen throughout the body.
- Many doctors recommend cancer patients to practice yoga on regular basis so that they can gain strength and become better.
- Back pain which is now commonly observed in most of the teenagers can be reduced by yoga practice.
- Due to the polluted environment almost all of us are suffering from many allergies such as sinus problem and other breathing problems, can be controlled and cleared by the yoga medication without using any medicines.
- Migraine sufferers can become free from their problem by doing yoga daily.
Psychological health benefits of yoga:
- Yoga helps in better stress management in the sense that the overall stress and tensions present in us can easily be reduced and eliminated.
- An effective balance can be maintained between body and mind which is the best benefit of practicing yoga.
- Yoga improves your mood which helps in better functioning of mind so that you can perform your work effectively and efficiently.
- The controlled breathing techniques used in yoga benefits a lot in reducing the anxiety that is present in you.
- The power of self-acceptance, self-actualization and self-control can be achieved by practicing the different postures available in yoga.
- The depression that is caused in you due to many reasons can be reduced by the various yoga exercises that are available.
- Improved memory power is the result of regular yoga practice.
- The various meditation techniques involved in yoga helps to bring out the feature of calmness in you.
- A positive attitude and positive outlook features can be developed by yoga.
- Efficiency of learning about new things can be increased with the help of yoga practice.
Beauty benefits of yoga practice
Natural way of attaining and maintaining your beauty is by practicing yoga regularly. The fact is that if we are healthy we look beautiful and attractive. Yoga helps us to maintain good health which in turn makes us look good. The beauty benefits that the regular yoga practice offers include the following.
- Yoga includes certain asanas of which Shavasana is one among them. This asana provides relaxation to the body which inturn makes us feel good and look good.
- Yoga exercises allow the perfect oxygen transportation throughout the body. This makes the skin glow and makes you look attractive.
- Yoga practice makes you look younger than what you are by removing all the toxins of the body and increasing the flexibility of your body.
- Pranayams of yoga helps to shape up your body perfectly by which you look more beautiful.
- The most important benefit of yoga is that it delays the aging process and makes you look young and active.
- Healthy and long hair can be maintained by practicing yoga on regular basis.
- Skin free from wrinkles can be achieved by the yoga practice.
- Instead of trying out artificial products available for treating yoga, it’s better to practice yoga regularly to get positive results of acne prevention.